If you thought innovation in the mobile space is over, think again. Project Rimino from designer Amid Moradganjeh takes a refreshing look at the thing that is never far away: our mobile phone. Take a look at this video.
What I truly love about this are the small details that make this awesome, did you notice:
- shake to call (0.42)
- control the phone by touching the back, in this way your fingers don’t obscure the screen (1.05)
- handwriting recognition (1.26)
- very cool: when in a public space – such as the subway – your private information is only shown when you hold you hand over the screen (1.45)
- live screen sharing (2.15)
- forward a call to email with a gesture (3.33)
And then, there’s the melancholic Nordic girl which fits the Saul Bass-like screen design. Love it.